stepping stones that lead girls to God's purpose for their lives.....

Friday, January 29, 2010

(Study Intro) My New Venture in Studying the Word

God has been laying on my heart recently that He wants me to begin studying the Word in depth. During last summer (2009) I began to read in the mornings along with prayer time, but recently He's been opening up to me studying is what He wants.

He's guided me before into times of intense study, bringing revelation of what I'm reading and it's all been for my growth. Yet, I've kept it to myself, knowing others one day would share it with me, but just would file those things away.

Today, as I came out of study, I knew I was to begin blogging the results. You know, like Julie and Julia? Julie would cook one of Julia Childs' recipes and then blog about it. Well, that's what I'm going to be doing here. I'll be in the Word, studying, praying, meditating on what particular scripture God lays out for me, and then come here and share it all with you. Do you like that? Great. I'm not promising anything. I'm  just saying here is where I'm going to lay it all out and let you read it.

I use the King James version of the bible. At times I may quote another version. I also use the Strongs Exhaustive concordance to look up the words God lays on my heart. Those scriptures that just leap off the page, or pose a question to dig further.

Great. Well, looks as if we can start immediately bc I just finished time in study and will begin right after I'm finished here.

Several warnings though, my grammer is 'me'. I'm not always proper, so dont judge me. If you do, shame on you. My punctuation (sp) may frustrate you, but oh well. And as you can see, my spelling may stink so just get over it. If this thing has spell check I'll def check it, but if not, I'll do my best, you'll get the idea! cuz....this is mine! haha and lol!

Well you ready to get started?

No comments:

Post a Comment